Vol. 14, No. 10
March 4, 1970
Headlines from Page 1
- "Laning protest ends in six student suspensions", by Sharon Naguchi. An assembly on the English "laning" system was disrupted by several students who were suspended for several days.
- "Theatre progresses 'right on' schedule. Photo by Gary Barber showing two construction personnel working on the Cubberley Theatre.
- "English Dept. fixes tracks".
- "'Society is sterile' - R. Jones" Former teacher Ron Jones of "third wave" (Die Welle) fame reflects on his termination, the problems he perceives with society, violence, radicals, and other issues.
- "One-third senior class privileged".
Headlines from Page 2
- "Protestors lack poise", editorial by Dave Thiemann regarding the conduct of protestors at the English "Laning" meeting.
- "The Stahl", column by Dave Stahl.
- "The Doug-Out", column by Doug Peterson
- "A review -- 'Road Home' winds enjoyably'", by Jan Clark. A review of "The Long Road Home" a presentation of folklore given by Foothill College students.
Headlines from Page 3
- "Students to march for King Tribute" Students attempt to get a holiday for Martin Luther King's Birthday
- "The Quaich Listers", column by Ginnie Miller regarding admiration, shortcomings, heros.
- "Panel views Panther Film", by Des Welch
- Photo (by Mike Parrish) showing Coach Harlan Harkness and a woman probably in some sort of drama.
- "Culture observed by BSU", Photo by Barber showing counselor Pat Powell preparing black-eyed peaas, pigs' feet, and collard greens.
Headlines from Page 4
- "Around Cubberley", containg several smaller news items...
- "Seniors Honored" Tracy Mallory, Merilee Gordon, Kristine Wenburg, and Pam Frugoli receive plaques and cash awards from Bank of America
- "Cheerleaders lead field" - Cheerleaders place in SPAL competition
- "Merit Recognized" National Merit finalists
- "Park surveyed" Surveying Club
- "Club awards scholarship" Soroptomist scholarship to Sue Stewart.
- "More Merit Recognized"
- "FBLA typists win"
- "Cub students off to Califronia Schools"
Headlines from Page 5
- "'Society is Frozen' - R Jones" - continuation on story from page 1 regarding Ron Jones.
- "FHS offers new educational form" Free High School, starting in Palo Alto.
- "ASSketballers contend" (Photo by Barber) Donkey basketball.
Headlines from Page 6
- "Coug cagers clicnch third place in SPAL", by Steve Rubesin and John Scholer
- "Booters close to finish in fourth"
- "Feisty feast held"
- "Sophs improve"
- "B basketballers nab fourth spot in league
- "Hanabusa wins grappling title" - Photo of wrestlers Jerry Hanabusa by Mike Parrish.
- Sarah's Earrings
- TC Christy - Photo of "Five Fiesty Farkels fight for forlorn frivolous fotographers".
- Robert A. Green - State Farm Insurance
- The Artifactory - Barbara Men's Shirts, etc.
- Dick Felts
- Charleston Center Pharmacy
- Bird's Qualilty Ice Cream
- Folklorico Mexican Merchandise
- Douglas Sewing Machines and Fabrics
- Charleston Cleaners
- Ed's Chevron Station