Vol. 13, No. 13
February 20, 1969
Headlines from Page 1
- "Racial crisis confronts Cubberley campus", by Mike Macovski. Following the dispersal of leaflets on the campus containing racial slurs (which came to be known as the SPONGE leafelets), much unrest followed, including resignations by Mrs. Evelyn Fewell and Mr. Sidney Walton. Photo montage of various people involved in the confrontations.
- "Four place in congress" Gene Plagge, Mark Kahrs, Tim Smock, and Mike Marks place in student debate contest.
- "Cub, Ravenswood students exchange in new program".
- "Review set to fly into high gear", by Neil Howe. Announcement of the upcoming Cougar Review, managed and directed by Jerry Macklin, Jesse Dunbar, Alvis Rhodes, and Reggie Hicks. Photo by Hal Sampson showing Penny Carlson, Adrienne Fields, and Bernice Smoll.
Headlines from Page 2
- ""Crisis calls for action", editorial by Bernice Sakuma. regarding the racially charged events of the previous few weeks.
- "Letter to the Editor" from David Amkraut regarding DAR and previous letters to the editor and replies on the issue.
- "Venturinig", column by Ann Taboroff Review of the film FACES.
- "Five to serve on MCP programs. Apointees to committees regarding Multicultural Program. Pat Wilks, Micki Griffin, Alex Montalvo, Mike Macovski, Mr. Gerald Kelly.
Headlines from Page 3
- "Race crisis confronts campus", (continued from Page 1)
- "Students to create a 'model partnership'. Cubberley students Paul Heney and Jerry Macklin start a "model" show business.
- "CUB grad speaks on SF State strike", by Mike Hamilton. Mike Hamilton interviews 1968 Cubberley Graduate Carla Heynick about the strike on the campus.
- "French club has mini-Mardi Gras"
- Photo ( by Bill Parrish) showing Susy Scholeer, Cindy Healy, and Mary Lovrin viewing the press process for production of the Catamount.
Headlines from Page 4
- Editorial "Rule tide needs turning", by Chris Martin. Regarding the rules concerning transfer students participating in interscholastic sports.
- "Cougs capture thriller", by Chris Martin. Basketball victory over Sequoia featuring a spectacular last-minute shot by Kelly Schulz.
- "B Cagers rip Paly, M-A; bow to Cherks" B-Basketball.
- "Matmen nab titles", Photo of Dan Mallory attributed to "Barnes"
- Charleston Center Pharmacy
- Charleston Cleaners
- Douglas Sewing Machines and Fabrics
- Dana Morgan Music Shop
- Drapers Music Store
- Dick Felts
- Bird's Qualilty Ice Cream
- Rhodes Department Store
- Fantasyland Art, Craft & Decorating
- Robert A. Green - State Farm Insurance
- Congdon & Crome
- Charleston Barber Shop
- TC Christy (Photo of "Suave Andy Nesbettles")