Vol. 13, No. 11
January 17, 1969
Headlines from Page 1
- "Mr. Fleming -- his work, his dreams, inspire all". Very sad obituary over the untimely death of Ray Fleming, social studies teacher.
- "Population Explosion discussed". Coverage of an all-school assembly featuring Stanford biology professor and population expert Paul Ehrlich.
- "Cob-Ravenswood exchange proposed"
- "Thirteen to graduate at semester break"
- "SCAMP enters new phase -- plans more activities", by Mike Macovski. Coverage of recent assembly, activities, and plans for the Multicultural Program. Photo (by Bill Parrish) of Multicultural Director Mr. Sidney Walton.
Headlines from Page 2
- "Perspectives", editorial by Bernice Sakuma setting down the Catamount's positions on the multicultural program, transfer students, pass-fail grading, school spirit, and apathy.
- "The deadlight", column by Steve Coniglio. Humerous piece about fundraising for musical activities
- "On the Right", column by Mike Hamilton. Regarding a controversy over the DAR as being allegedly racist, and whether or not Cubberley should accept scholarship money from them.
- "Venturing", column by Ann Taboroff Truncated review of "Bullitt"
Headlines from Page 3
- "Tribute to Mr. Fleming" (continued from Page 1.)
- "BSU heads scholarship". Black Student Union setting up a memorial scholarship fund for Ray Fleming.
- "Musicians shoot for final goal". Harlem Globetrotters event planned to raise money for band triips to Oaxaca.
- Photo (by Chuck Scott) showing Gene Plagge and Georgia Anderson.
- "It's happening - the CAT views the news"
Headlines from Page 4
- "Cougar Killys to hit slopes" - photo by Hal Sampson showing Kay Spansel,, Debbie Walker, Marian Jona and Jan Warne with their ski equipment.
- "Kiwanis sets money aside for youth aid"
- Debaters to assemble
- Coming Flicks
- Poets work published (Chris Wise and Roger Farnsworth)
- SCAMP plans activities (continued from Page 1)
Headlines from Page 5
- Booters take tournament -- undefeated in SPAL action. By Art Ignacio and Mike Lee. Photos by Bill Parrish showing soccer players John Kmetovic, Mark Schuman and Mike Lee.
- "B's trip Vikes". Basketball - victory over Menlo-Atherton.
- Large Stanford Sport Shop ad is half the page.
Headlines from Page 6
- ""Cougs rip Paly, bow to M-A". Basketball team loses to Menlo Atherton, but beat Paly. Photos by Mike Parrish showing Mark Halas, Todd Starks and Gary Prehn, and San Carlos center Greg Sten.
- "The Old Prose Shop", column by Chris Martin.
- "Wrestlers pin M-A Bears".
- "Once Upon a Time", humerous piece by "Sir Christopher Martin - Royal Scribe"
- Charleston Center Pharmacy
- Charleston Barber Shop
- Dana Morgan Music Shop
- "The Other Side Saturday Night Discussion Club" (featuriing a film called "Dust or Destiniy")
- Douglas Sewing Machines and Fabrics
- Charleston Cleaners
- Robert A. Green - State Farm
- Key Driver Training
- Bird's Qualilty Ice Cream
- Congdon & Crome
- Drapers' Music
- TC Christy (Photo of Soccer star Bruce Anderson)
- Stanford Sport Shop (half page ad) featuriing Cubberley Junior Chris Watkinis modeling several outfits.
- Fantasyland Jewelry
- Private party selling a 1956 Fairlane