Vol. 13, No. 9
Dec 11, 1968
Headlines from Page 1
- "Students focus interest on controversial program", by Mike Macovski. Article on the Multicultural program, reactions by students and the community. Includes comments from Sidney Walton, Multicultural Program Co-ordinator.
- "Xmas sale starts". Ski club Christmas book sale. Photo, by Neil Randles, or Ski Club advisor Mr. Miles Putnam.
- "Girl wins honors". Cubberley seniors Wendy Lesseer and Ann Taboroff honored by the National Council of Teachers of English.
- "Senior heads hunger meeting", by Carol Crosby. Meeting by the South Pacific District Lutheran Youth Organization attended by CUbberley students Kay Anderson, Milo Anderson, Greg Claycamp, Mark Hancock, Cindy LeDoux, Michele Lynch, Barbara Miller, and Ginny Miller". Photo (by Michael Parrish) of Mark Halaas, Lutheren Youth President.
- "Students Bridge the bridge gap". Bridge club, led by Larry Kells, defeat the faculty.
- "Faculty members chosen for training on drug problems" Several teachers go to training on drug problems.
Headlines from Page 2
- "Our 'last chance'", Editorial by Mike Macovski.
- "Cub musicians to appear on Channel 5 December 13. Musical activities of Cubberley groups during the holidays.
- "Venturing", column by Ann Taboroff. Review of "Lion in Winter"
- "Joyous Bells", column by Art Ignacio. Column about several Cubberley faculty members who got married, including Clarence Bakken, Virginia Gee, Sharon Craig, Tom Wagner, Robert Nichols, and Len Doster.
- "Teachers sing for band money". Faculty members performed for donations to help the Cubberley Band fly to Oaxaca"
Page 3, Page 4 , Page 5, Page 6 were an ad section "Cougar Buyers Guide" almost all hand drawn.
Headlines from Page 7
- "Creations displayed". Artistic creations displayed from the classes of Cubberley art instructor Mr. Charles Rogers. Photo of Randy Kane and a "tennis show-clad m onstrosity which threatens from one corner of the room".
- "Colleges Visit". Reps from various colleges visit Cubberley.
- "Forensics proves most challenging". Cubberley's debate team.
- "Mr. Fleming in hospital". Ray Fleming was taken to Letterman Hospital for treatment.
- "Northern Lights December 20". Announcement of CHristmas Dance featuring the "Living Color" soul band.
- "Rec Leadership in San Francisco". Special coordinated recreation classes with Galileo High School in San Francisco.
- "Blue Chip stamp drive slow". Coach Robert Peters trying to raise 1155 books of Blue Chip Stamps to purchase a "Universal Gym"
Headlines from Page 8
- "Cubberley will host soccer tournament", by Art Ignacio and Mike Lee. Cubberley to host the Northern California Holiday Soccer Tournament. Sixteen schools to attend.
- "Aquatic duo lands all-SPAL berths." Photos of Dan St. John and Ron Young". The two Cubberley players to play on a special all SPAL water polo team.
- "Varsity hoopsters open 68-69 season", by CHris Martin. Varsity Basketball.
- "Father-son fete set". "Father - Son football awards".
All the ads iin this edition were in the special section pages 3-6.
- Page 3
- This page is a hand-drawn cover (signed by "Buckley") to the 4-page ad section.
- Page 4
- Lynn Daniels handcrafted earrings
- Drapers Music
- Folklorico Mexican Merchandise
- Dana Morgan Music Shop
- Fantasyland Art, Craft, and Decorating
- Charleston Center Pharmacy
- Dick Felt's
- Swain's Music
- Charleston Cleaners
- Page 5
- House of Honda
- Congdon & Crome
- Robert A. Green - State Farm
- Bird's Quality Ice Cream
- Antiques, Etc.
- Charleston Barber Shop
- Herbert Stanley, Flowers and Gifts
- Page 6
- Antiques, Etc.
- TC Christy (Photo of Andy Nesbitt? and Todd Starks)
- Douglas Sewing Machines & Fabrics
- Schneiders 370 University