Vol. 13, No. 6
Nov 1, 1968
Headlines from Page 1
- "Cubberley selected for 3-year term on CEEB", by Des Welch. Photo of Counselor John Lewis (by Bill Parrish). Counselor John Lewis to represent Cubberley as a member of the College Entrance Examination Board.
- "SAT tests held tomorrow!!"
- "Seniors vie for national scholarships". Bill Fleming and Jim CHristian rated as semifinalists for the National Achievement Award.
- "CanClub cagers dry the Prunes?" by Art Ignacio. Fundraising basketball game against the KLIV disk jockeys planned.
- "Act now - see A.C.T. plays". Juniors and Seniors have opportunities to see American Conservatory Theatre productions.
- Photo (by Charles Scott) of 1968 homecoming queen Lenore Slough..
Headlines from Page 2
- "The Deadlight" Column by Steve Coniglio, "pointing out" that the "straights" and "gooks" have been too confrontational in their "pointing out".
- "Venturing", column by Ann Taboroff, reveiw of film "Rachel, Rachel", and "Hot Millions".
- "The Stahl", column by D.M. Stahl - humerous piece on apathy.
- Letter to the editor by Kenn Russel and Scott Smith about behavior during spirit week events.
Headlines from Page 3
- "If I were 21, I would vite for..." Commentary on candidates by students.
- Neil Howe on Hubert Humphrey.
- Sharon Nagouchi on Gene McCarthy.
- Erik Johnson on George Wallace.
- David Mouton on Elderidge Cleaver
- Mike Hamilton on Richard Nixon
- Anonymous on Pat Paulson
Headlines from Page 4
- "We Cougars ARE Gr-r-reat!". 3/4 page Photo montage by Hal Sampson, Bill Parrish, and Chuck Scott.
Headlines from Page 5
- "Advisory system subject of study", by Neil Howe.
- "Dutch Girl active at Cubberley" (Photo of Sineke Ten Horn by Bill Parrish). AFS student from the Netherlands discusses her life and reaction to her experiences in the US.
- "Spirit takes SAS Student", by Donna De Genova - photo by Hal Sampson showing Sylvie Homs, French exchange student.
Headlines from Page 6
- "Homecoming '68 - Day to Remember", by Chris Martin. Cubberley wins over Paly for the first time in 7 years.
- "The Old Prose Shop", column by Chris Martin. Comments on various spirit week activities.
- 'C' Cagers consistent. Reference to Jerry Macklin and the CIF ruling preventing transfer students from playing interscholastic sports.
- "Sophomore footballers rip vikings".
- "Cougar Poloists' title hopes jolted by 'cats. By Steve Rubesin.
- Page 2
- Dana Morgan Music Shop
- Fantasyland Art, Craft, and Decorating
- Page 3
- Douglas Fabrics and Sewing Machines
- Page 4
- Dick Felt's
- Charleston Cleaners
- Congdon & Crome, INc.
- Birds Quality Ice Cream
- Selix Formal Wear
- Page 5
- Page 6
- Robert A. Green (State Farm Insurance)
- T.C. Christy (Photo of football players Todd Starks and Andy Nedwick wearing remarkable stocking caps).