Volume 12, No. 13
March 8, 1968
- "Faculty musical up for 'Trial'", by Sallie Neall. Upcoming faculty and staff production of Gilbert and Sullivan's "Trial by Jury" on Marcdh 14,15,16. Including cast members Dr. Fern Bruner, Mr. Skillicorn, Dick Finch, Bill Hutchinson, John Lewis, Mike Dale, Al Price, Jim Warford, Del Carlson, Dave Buck, and student Mark Haalas. Chorus to include Gerry Meyer, Sharon Craig, Betty Hansen, Lina Moffit, Jan Harrison, Sylvia Johnson, Dale Leslie, and students Maren Pedersen, Donna Crenshaw, Tina Woodley and Sue Stedman. Photo by Chuck Scott.
- "IF Machine in gear". "Idea Forum" scheduled for April 4.
- "Spirit leaders to be chosen"
- "Students slated now for faculty honors"
- "'Soul' dance scheduled. to feature the "Soul Messengers"
- "GRAA highlights Cub's "girls' world of sports"" Photo by Kevin Welton.
- "Over the age gap". Editorial, by Alison Wissig. Regarding the "Trial By Jury" play upcoming.
- "Worm's View", column by Bob Melosh. a humerous piece on homework and fractions.
- "Purr Fect Truth" column by Bob Warford and Steve Bickford. Description of teacher Ron Jones' "apartheid" experiment.
- '"Trojan Torch'" gets the light.
- "Venturiing", column by Ann Taboroff reviewing the film "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner".
- Full page ad for "Trial By Jury"
- "Paradise lost... "Nice place to visit but . . .", by Caryn Hasin. Story on Gayne Barlow's year in high school in Hawaii. Photo of Gayne by Chuck Scott.
- "Cubberley chess player excells nationally". Article on David Amkraut's rank as chess Master. Unattributed photo of Dave playing chess. (he says his twin "Joel", is the family's golfer).
- "Teen queen contest open to all Cubberley Girls". Announcement of Miss Teen International competition.
- "S.S. Program expanded. Summer school.
- Editors chosen. Editors for folio to be Claire Boissevain, Ann Taboroff, Wendy Lesser, and Becky Cohen.
- "Recreational leadership class 'goofs off' at Cub. by Susanne Levitsky. Article on recreational leadership class.
- "Heavenly trip proves fun, except for one". by Mike Lee. Photo of Kdee Storkman by Wylie Chenn. Article on the Ski Club trip to Heavenly Valley.
- "The Old Prose Shop", column by Chris Martin
- "Cage Teams conclude dismal campaigns"
- "Tennis players to open season"
- "Millbrae sinks Cougar tankmen"
- "Varsity batmen seek good season"
- "Track team shows promise"
- "Varsity drops opener 1-0".
- "Trial by Jury" production by Cubberley Faculty and Students.
- "Douglas Fabrics"
- "School of Optometry, UC Berkeley"
- "Robert A. Green", State Farm Insurance