Volume 11, No. 15 (second)
Courtesy of Mark Hancock / Cubberley 1969
Note that there were two editions labeled V 11 No. 15. A special "election edition" and this regular edition.
Headlines (Pages 1 and 2)
- "Twenty Six Hopefuls vie for Commissioners Posts".
- "Where did the Students Go?" Cubberley English teacher Miles Putnum took a survey of students actually attending Idea Forum sessions and found only 388 students on campus, and of those, only 102 were in organized Idea Forum Sessions.
- Newsweek Representative to speak at publications banquet. William Flynn to speak at publications banquet.
- "Racial Prejudice Cited at Cubberley", by Carman Gayters
- Photo (by Chuck Scott) captioned "This was the scene of the first really 'gay' senior prank. Festooned with paper streeamers, it looks more like a psychopathic May Day".
- "A House Divided", editorial by Bill Klink. Regarding the failure of students to embrace the Idea Forum, and of an attempted coup to oust Student Body President Jon Briskin.
- "The PurrFect Truth", column by Bob Warford. Humor about the election and senior cut day.
- "The Monicle", column by Doug Monica.
- "The Question Mark", column by Steve Bickford
Headlines (Pages 5 and 6)
- "Wreck leadership class camps out at Rio Del Mar", by Kim Colbert. I'm not sure what this was about. A bunch of girls went on a sleepover somewhere in Aptos?
- "SEEe Tutors serve EPA" ("Students for Equal Education serve "East Palo Alto").
- Senior wins "Superior" award at Industiral Arts Expo
- Tune In to the Spring Concert
- "Trackmen Finish Second in Finals" by Barry Kreible
- "Varsity plagued by Brutal Bats", by Jed Silver
- "Alan Sonne: athlete and scholar", by Bill Bourgaize
- "Fisher SPAL Tennis Champ" - about Rick Fisher
Fencing Acadamy - 3437 Alma St. Palo Alto
Charleston Center Pharmacy
Bird's Ice Cream (Pen and ink of Donkey)
Jack in the Box
Charleston Barber Shop
Twin Dragon Restaurant
Douglas Fabrics and Sewing Machines